About Chhattisgarh Handicraft Development Board
Handicraft have always been an important and integrated part of the Indian culture and tradition of the people The Chhattisgarh Handicraft Development Board established in the year 2001, is an undertaking of Government of Chhattisgarh. The main objective of the Board is to achieve all round development in the field of handicrafts and to revive the vanishing crafts of the State.
In order to provide marketing facilities to the products of craftsman the board has established emporium in brand name of “Shabari “ across the India and in the Chhattisgarh State. The Board is successfully operating India’s first “ Mobile Emporium “ selling the handicrafts of Chhattisgarh and across the India.
Aims &Objective of the Chhattisgarh Hastshilp Vikas Board
- To perform every possible task to preserve and enrich the ancient and world famous heritage of the handicrafts of the State of Chhattisgarh.
- To generate employment in the field of Handicrafts by providing training to the traditional and non traditional artisans and also to the unemployed youth of the State.
- To provide skill development training and new designs as per the market trends.
- To create avenue of employment and income for rural artisans of Chhattisgarh.
- To market the Handicrafts of the state at National and International market
- To invite and encourage private entrepreneurs to invest and generate employment in the field of handicrafts.